With its recent state of stress research, Grokker Innovation Labs, a research organization committed to advancing employee wellbeing and workplace culture, set out to understand the stress levels of U.S. workers as the damaging effects of 2020 continue to linger. Seeking to reveal how stress is impacting workers' lives and what they're doing to manage it, the insights provide focus on the specific areas where greater support is needed from employers. Let's take a look at the research highlights.
Key State of Stress Insights for Employers
A few of the study’s most notable findings:
- 76% of workers are currently “stressed.”
- “Health of self/family due to pandemic” and “the economy” rank as the top stressors today.
- 18-29 year olds report the highest stress levels.
- Employees working from home are 2x as likely to feel “overwhelmed” by stress when compared to those working on-site.
- Mobile apps and other on-demand virtual/video resources constitute the top area of employer-led stress management expansion.