We’re a small team of passionate and creative people dedicated to building an inspiring place for wellness and transformation. We take things personally: we love the work we do and the people we do it with. We believe that people reach their full potential when they have the freedom to take risks and are celebrated for their results. We’re inspired by one another, and by our amazing community of enthusiasts. All Grokker Members are at the center of everything we do.
Working at Grokker
We do things differently at Grokker. We’ve come from some of the biggest, most successful companies in Silicon Valley, including eBay, Yahoo!, Disney and more. We’re committed to building a different kind of company with a different kind of culture than you’ll find at other startups.
We’re a tight-knit team of talented and passionate individuals who embody our core values. In short, we built Grokker for people like us: busy women and men who understand the importance of making time to focus on wellness.
If you’re inspired by the Grokker story, great at what you do and looking for a place where you’ll be valued, challenged, and inspired every day, then this is the place for you.
Client Success Manager
We are looking for an all-star Client Success Manager to assist our clients in achieving the highest levels of success. The CSM will have primary responsibility for the construction & execution of client specific strategic plans for their portfolio. They will oversee the day-to-day account management activities for the assigned clients by working closely with other functional departments within the company. The CSM will also support our Sales Development team with pre-sales and upsell efforts.
If you have a passion for health and wellness, are a confident natural leader, and have experience leading customers to success, this role may be for you!
A day in the life of a Client Success Manager:
- Own all aspects of client relationship while delivering the highest level of client satisfaction and ensuring contract renewal and growth. This includes: implementation, strategy action plans, execution on backend deliverables, employee communications and user adoption.
- Organize and lead effective customer interactions including weekly meetings, on site launch events, client business reviews and product demos. This includes performing analytical reviews of client results and developing strategic action plans aligned with client’s goals and objectives.
- Draft custom marketing language for client launches, challenges, blog posts, and special events.
- Serve as a Project Manager and expert on internal implementations and client initiatives. This includes being a customer advocate with internal departments to implement and drive strategies to enhance our product and client services.
- Develop deep product knowledge with the ability to effectively communicate product roadmap and engagement solutions to customers to lead strategic conversations. This skill must be leveraged across live meetings, telephone and video conferences, leading with your passion and excitement for the product.
- Manage and execute on backend tasks (i.e., you’re not only the face of Grokker to our clients, but also the behind the scenes client support).
- Staff client events and wellness fairs, as the key face of Grokker. Your confidence, public speaking skills and ability to excite and inspire employees is key. (occasional weekday travel)
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be a self-starter with a can-do approach: you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and you’re confident in doing so.
- Proven ability to build rapport with all types of people, and demonstrated track record of managing successful client relationships.
- Confident troubleshooting client issues with the ability to manage tough conversations and come up with energizing and creative win-win solutions.
- High level of professionalism with excellent presentation skills, particularly in digital video meetings (e.g., Zoom).
- Detail oriented and able to take notes on follow-ups while communicating with clients and then having the organization tools to not let things slip and follow up in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze reports and provide data insights to clients and internal leadership team.
- Adept at Powerpoint for external client presentations
- Strong leadership skills, sense of ownership and confidence
- Self-directed with ability to perform effectively under pressure and work independently.
- Experience and confidence drafting written and design based marketing pieces when needed.
- 4 Year Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree.
- 2-4 years successful experience in a customer facing role or sales/marketing/account management
- Experience with employee benefits, corporate HR, etc. a strong plus.
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen.
- Work from Home Wednesdays.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Opportunity to work with a driven, health-focused (and fun!) team.
- Ability to work with top Enterprise accounts
Think this position sounds perfect for you? Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Engagement Manager
At Grokker, our community is at the heart of the Grokker-verse. We're looking for a Community Engagement Manager who can help us turn up the volume on community engagement in order to develop strong and meaningful connections between our users, our experts and ourselves. You should be as comfortable with analytics and data as you are adept at creating meaningful connections, relevant content, and innovative activities that will engage and inspire. You are a highly skilled communicator and charismatic people person who belongs on a fast paced growth team focused on enabling physical and emotional wellbeing globally.
What you'll do
- Communicate with Grokker enthusiasts, understand their needs, and encourage them on their journey to #beabetteryou.
- Identify opportunities and develop initiatives to strengthen connections between Enthusiasts, Experts, and with Grokker.
- Assess and measure community engagement and make recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Work with the Product, Marketing, Content, and Engineering teams to develop programs and features to increase engagement.
- Oversee community activities to ensure there is excitement, strong NPS, and a clear sense that our members feel heard.
- Initiate creative and new Grokker Expert events such as AMAs, live classes, etc.
- Develop programs to deepen the relationship between Grokker Experts and the community.
- Create relevant, timely, and original content to engage with the community - blogs, Q&A, emails etc.,
- Collaborate with the social media team on Grokker wide initiatives.
Experience & Requirements
- College graduate with a four-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years Community or Social Media management experience required.
- Proven ability to manage and grow a complex and vibrant community.
- Empathy and ability to connect with a diverse set of users.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
- Passion and understanding for health and wellbeing.
- Passion and understanding for Grokker’s mission and values.
Interested in working at Grokker?
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help us grow our client/server platform for web and mobile users by creating highly performing, distributed back-end systems.
Grokker's site and apps are built using the following technologies:
- React Native for mobile platforms
- Native languages for TV platforms (Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV)
We develop using an iterative approach, though we are not dogmatic about methodology. Everyone in the company is responsible for coming up with great ideas that will become part of our product. Don't expect to be handed a spec and go off and build it for months; instead, we establish our goals together and support each other to reach them one piece at a time.
We believe in good code quality and building for the long term. We enforce coding standards and have regular code review sessions in order to maintain quality, share knowledge, and reduce duplication of effort.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, building, and working within a microservices architecture
- Experience working with event streaming platforms like Apache Kafka
- Experience building REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies a plus
- Experience with Node.js or similar server side scripting languages a plus
- Familiarity with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Good understanding of security and networking/routing/firewalls
- Passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Desire to learn, to improve yourself, and to help the people around you improve
- Passion about a hobby
Some Projects You Could Be Working On:
- Improving our Search and recommendation systems
- Real-time user interactions around chat and video recommendations
- Embedded video players
- Tools and analytics for internal and external use
- Infrastructure--scaling, monitoring, and automating tasks
- Expand on existing monitoring and metrics systems
- Work towards improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Take initiative in performance optimizations
- Stuff to Perk You Up
- Work from home Wednesdays for all
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic and height-adjustable workstations
- Very competitive compensation and benefits package
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Career development and coaching to help you meet your professional goals
- Opportunity to learn from a dedicated team and strong leadership
- Dynamic, rapidly growing company, focused on helping organizations thrive
Think this position sounds perfect for you? Please email your resume to email@example.com
Interested in working at Grokker? Send us your resume!