We’re a small team of passionate and creative people dedicated to building an inspiring place for wellness and transformation. We take things personally: we love the work we do and the people we do it with. We believe that people reach their full potential when they have the freedom to take risks and are celebrated for their results. We’re inspired by one another, and by our amazing community of enthusiasts. All Grokker Members are at the center of everything we do.
Working at Grokker
We do things differently at Grokker. We’ve come from some of the biggest, most successful companies in Silicon Valley, including eBay, Yahoo!, Disney and more. We’re committed to building a different kind of company with a different kind of culture than you’ll find at other startups.
We’re a tight-knit team of talented and passionate individuals who embody our core values. In short, we built Grokker for people like us: busy women and men who understand the importance of making time to focus on wellness.
If you’re inspired by the Grokker story, great at what you do and looking for a place where you’ll be valued, challenged, and inspired every day, then this is the place for you.
Community Manager (Consultant)
Project Scope: 3 months
At Grokker, our community is at the heart of the Grokker-verse. We're looking for a consultant who can help us turn up the volume on community engagement to in order to develop strong and meaningful connections between our users and ourselves as well as one another. This individual should be as comfortable with analytics and data as they are adept at creating meaningful, relevant content and activities that will engage and inspire.
We are looking for this consultant to review current community activity levels, identify meaningful metrics, put baselines in place, and develop a plan of action for the following 12 months. In addition, they will be key in identifying, recruiting and interviewing candidates for the long-term Community Manager role. Services to be delivered include:
- Manage community and communicate with users to ensure the highest level of user satisfaction.
- Assess and measure current Grokker Community performance and make recommendations for areas of improvement
- Identify opportunities and develop initiatives designed to create connections between Grokker and other users, including introductions, overseeing digital events, and communications.
- Oversee community activities to ensure there is a good balance of educational, user appreciation, and user feedback.
- Proactively gather data on users’ community activity and identify Grokker services that could help users and Grokker to achieve their objectives.
- Develop initiatives designed to increase Grokker Expert activity, including commenting on user activities, answering questions, etc. to expand participation and engagement with users
- Explore new Grokker Expert event opportunities such as AMAs, live classes, etc.
- Collaborate with Social Media team to ensure cross-pollination of ideas and leverage creative resources for the most value
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize user experience.
- Explain Grokker policies and procedures to users, and when necessary, re-direct to customer support.
- Develop and launch regular communications templates and guidelines
- Promote new Grokker features, services, and content for increased adoption
- Implement KPIs and measurement/tracking processes
- Develop streamlined reporting format and cadence to exec team
- Process for collecting and communicating community requests and proposals internally for review and development
- Process for communicating company initiatives to community for feedback
- Develop and launch public challenge process, including concept, promotion, management, moderation and reporting.
- Input and guidance on educational and promotional developed by Customer Success materials to used to train client program managers on effective methods for increasing awareness and utilization of Community in their workforce
- Create job description and assist in recruiting of full-time Grokker Community ManagerCommunity KPIs, measurement and tracking protocols
Experience & Requirements
- College graduate with a four-year degree.
- Community management experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
- Passion and understanding for health and wellbeing.
- Passion and understanding for Grokker’s mission and values
Interested in working at Grokker?
Interested in working at Grokker? Send us your resume!